We didn't prep her for this new adventure at all. We didn't think about it until about a week or so ago, but last week we visited a cousin's ward so I didn't have the opportunity to do a "test run" with her in Nursery. So I was a bit worried that she'd cling to me.
I shouldn't have worried because as soon as I walked in the door carrying her, she saw the toys, lunged for them and never looked back! Even so, I hung around for a few minutes just to make sure she was alright and that the Nursery teachers knew who she was. Then I left and enjoyed the rest of church uninterrupted! :)
| Cadence trying to play with this puzzle with another girl. Holding her own with other kids is a skill that she's still learning... |
The only mishap was getting her. I was chatting with a couple ladies after Relief Society. Derek came by the RS room and I tried to tell him from across the room what room she would be in. I knew it had to be one of two. He left and I figured he'd get her. Well, he came back with no Cadence and a worried look on his face. He hadn't clearly heard what I had said (too many people in the room). I told him again and he was able to find her.
1 comment:
I love this day! It means you can listen in church again. I am again looking forward to it even if it is an entire year out. I was like you. No prepping. Just drop and go and that was Gunnar's style. I figured the longer I prolonged it, the worse it would be on him. How exciting!
Post a Comment