Normally this wouldn't be too much of an issue, he's gone most of the day on other days, but Cadence was being really high maintenance, I had a really dirty kitchen, the high chair was completely covered in chocolate cake, and nothing seemed to make anything any better.
![]() |
| Willow snuggling under the covers. I think she was keeping Derek company. |
Finally I put Cadence down for a nap and I took one as well. It felt so nice! After she woke up, we went over to visit my mom. All through church Cadence kept pointing to her picture in her photo book, so I thought it would be nice to see her and possibly my dad if he was still there visiting with her. Plus, it was something to do that was Sunday appropriate and out of the house!
When we got back home, the kitchen was still dirty, the high chair was still covered and Cadence was still high maintenance, but I temporarily solved those problems by giving Cadence a bottle, clearing the table, and hosing down the highchair tray in the shower and wiping the rest down with a cloth. Derek woke up, we ate dinner and I think we all perked up a little. But not much. And then it was bed time for Cadence.
It's now 10:30, Derek and Cadence are both down for the night, the kitchen is still a mess, and I'm blogging. It's been quite a day!

1 comment:
Our day wasn't any better. After church we ate, Gunnar had several meltdowns, than the 4 of us took about a 4 hour nap on the couch. When we woke up, it was time to turn around and go back to bed. I hope tomorrow is much better.
Post a Comment