Recently, I called a government agency and was put on hold for "Approximately 8 minutes." There were 20 people in front of me. Knowing how government agencies and being on hold works, I decided to do a bit of multitasking. So todays Top Ten is...Top Ten Things To Do While on Hold
- Make lunch: Today is Costco's yummy microwave lasagna. Probably not the most healthy thing to eat, but hey, it's good!
- Check e-mail: This actually distracted me more thatn it was probably worth it while I was trying to navigate the phone menu, but I needed to do something productive! I learned that there's a video virus going around Facebook, so if one of your friends sends you a link to a video about your hindquarters, don't click on it!
- Blog: Like right now, I'm on hold and blogging at the same time!
- Clip your fingernails: Mine are getting way too long for typing effectively and playing the piano.
- Read the funnies: They're funny and a great distraction from the annoyance of being on hold.
- Eat a snack: Probably not the best thing to do just before lunch, but I'm pregnant and bored. Bad combination!
- Visit the restroom: This one is dangerous because an actual person might answer your call in the middle of this "visit." But sometimes it's an emergency!
- Charge your cell: This only works if you're set to sit while you're on hold, like me.
- Rotate the laundry: I have a HUGE pile. How about you?
- Prepare a salad for lunch: I love salad with lasagna!
6 comments:
Great list! I've done a lot of the same, while on hold. I also have done dishes, while waiting.
I always put it on speakerphone and do whatever needs to be done. I stayed on hold for 45 minutes trying to reset my PIN last month. Then, when they finally answered my phone started cutting out!
I love that you mentioned food three times! My kinda girl!! :)
Multitasking! Awesome!
I've done #7 too many times to count - and I got caught almost every time!
I didn't even realize that I put food in my list 3 times! But I can promise you I thought about it WAY more than that!
Post a Comment